Does sleeping in and watching Netflix count as raging during Spring Break?
As a college student, one of the questions that my family members, specifically my grandparents, always ask is, “Are you going to have a crazy spring break like they do on reality television?” The answer is no. Absolutely not. Aside from the fact that I’m TRYING to be smart about how much money I spend and what I spend it on, I’m an incredibly old soul. The thought of running around on a beach all day and partying all night makes me want to take a nap. Instead of going home and making more dents on my parents couches, I decided to stay at my apartment at school. So far, being here has given me the 3 things that I want most in a vacation:
- No one around so it’s ABSOLUTELY QUIET
Being on campus when people are on break is a totally new atmosphere. There’s no hussle and bussle, no crazy parties at all hours of the night, and I get to sleep in because I don’t have any classes. So, since I’ve gotten to relax and clear my head, I’ve gotten some much needed work done (at my own pace of course):
- Cleaned my apartment. I cleaned everything. Literally everything. It was the best 7 hours of work I’ve done since….well….the last time I went on a cleaning spree.
- Sleep in. My body is officially hard wired to wake up at 6 am. And yes I’ve still been waking up pretty early. But this week, I’ve gotten to doze off for a few more hours before I get out of bed and that has actually made me the happiest person in the world.
- Work out. I haven’t done enough of it this semester, but I almost exploded with joy when I went back and realized that I can run faster and for a longer amount of time than I could this summer. Here’s to improvement!
- To do list. I make lists almost daily and over this past break, I’ve gotten a HUGE chunk of my work done. I still have a bit left but between the rest of today and tomorrow, I should be all done.
So, those are my moments in a nutshell. Now I have to run. My afternoon nap is calling. GOD I love spring break.